Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Storm Water Drain, Plano, Texas

I am sure you are wondering about the title of this blog post and why I chose to write about something as mundane as a Storm Water Drain. Well there is a reason why I chose to write on this subject. First and foremost storm water drains in India as well as in the US usually are converted creeks/ streams. That is the only similarity that exists between India and the US drainage.
In India this would probably also take the role of a regular sewage line and within no time it will be stinking and full of trash. Here the creeks are maintained and given adequate space to expand during thunder storms and showers. Of course there is trash here too, there are dirty people in the US too. These people throw plastic wrappers, metal cans, and other wastes into creeks and drains and pollute them.
This particular drain is located in Plano city in Texas and I was passing by and thought I'd take a picture of the way the creek has been maintained with stone walls on either side. I wish that Indian civic planners will learn and start preserving our natural resources for the future.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is certainly interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Keep on posting such articles. I love to read blogs like this. BTW add some pics :)