Friday, December 05, 2008

Dating Advice from a 9-year old

This can happen only in a free spirited nation like the US, an 8-year-old writes a best selling book about one of the most talked about subject in the entire world "How to Talk to Girls". I read this article about Alec Greven, a fourth-grader at at Soaring Hawk Elementary School in Castle Rock, Colorado, US, who has catapulted to nationwide fame thanks to his first published book titled "How to Talk to Girls" and am pretty impressed by his enterprise, skill and observation ability.

This book started off as a school writing assignment, which was so well written that the impressed principal and teachers they put it up for sale at the school book fair for $3. The book became hit and soon attracted the attention of a publisher and since then Alec has been the Agony Uncle, the macho man, the ladies man, the original casanova... etc etc... Boys in his school have been seeking his advice on how to get "girls".

Reading the interview he gave to TodayShow.com I am pretty impressed by his confidence and modus operandi with which he wrote the book. His inspiration came from his observation of boys finding it difficult to talk to girls and get dates. Wish I was so brainy at 9 yrs old to write a book... heck I have not even been able to complete my books at 35...

But anyway I will get to it and hopefully soon I will have my picture with the book.

No comments: