Thursday, September 03, 2009

Musings of a Laptop Computer

It was sometime in the year 2002 that I was created in a high-tech, aseptic, dust free, and air conditioned assembly line. After I was born several technicians tested my health and ensured that I was indeed alive and kicking. Then I was placed in the soft cushion of Styrofoam and sent to the store where several people came and looked at me. Every time a prospective buyer came I was subjected to all kinds of touches, jabs, and presses till finally one of them decided to take me home. That was several years ago and since then I have been living in and out of a leather bag.

Looking back over the years I feel like having lived a complete life with all its trails and tribulations. From being an object of desire and adulation to being an antiquated slow coach I have been there and done that.

Since the time I was put to work I have been loaded with software and some of them have been removed so that my processors will be less taxed and I will deliver results faster. In the beginning the kids wanted to play games, the teens wanted to watch movies and the parents would want to calculate house hold expenses and communicate with their friends. Now with younger and newer laptops available in the market, nobody wants to spend time with me. They complain that I am too slow, my colors have faded, I don't sound quite right, et al. Sometimes I wish I were faster and sleek like the Pavilion dv4t series from HP. Then they would have continued to love me more and spend time with me.

Recently I heard that HP is offering several coupon deals including a $30 discount on all orders above $150 and above at HP Home Store. The code SV2132 can be used while redeeming and this coupon is Valid through 10/31 or while supplies last. Restrictions and exclusions apply.

With so many offers I wonder how long I will be with this owners before being given away to charity or just sent for recycling???

Post?slot_id=45176&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: