Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Italy: An ideal train holiday destination

What is your idea of a great holiday? A super relaxing train ride across Europe's most scenic locales? Or is it a sojourn across the Swiss Alps and swim in Italy's lakes. Europe has always held a charm for every tourist/ traveler. Italy in particular offers several amazing holiday options. There is charming Venice, fashionable Milan or the artistic Tuscany, even the smallest town in Italy has something unique to offer to the discerning traveler. Now with the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express, the world's most famous train available for your holiday, it will be a once-in-a-lifetime experience. You can feel being a part of European history while riding this train even as you enjoy an unforgettable holiday with your loved ones. Personally speaking I have always enjoyed traveling by rail. Now this opportunity to enjoy rail journeys in Italy has me looking at my calendar to see when I have my next long break. It would be my dream vacation to travel across the Alps and enjoy the tranquility and soak in the ethereal beauty of Italian lakes. I would love to explore the lush islands and if time permits take the train into Switzerland. Maybe next summer will be the time when I go on a train ride through Italy, until then I will keep planning my holidays.

No comments: