Monday, April 16, 2012

Galveston Tree Sculptures

I know it has been like forever since I last blogged... but well life happens and nothing matters at that point in time. I am three weeks from finishing up school and it has been kicking my a*# so here I am back blogging for therapy and trying to catch up on the pictures I hadn't posted of my previous trip to Galveston.

Couple of years ago when Hurricane Ike hit Galveston, it created quite a devastation in the island. Many of the older trees were destroyed, either broken or uprooted. The city of Galveston bounced back and decided to convert these broken stumps of wood into artworks. They commissioned artists to work on converting them into sculptures. Here are some of the creations...

1 comment:

Terence said...

Great design, awesome art.