Saturday, December 29, 2007

Fantastic Musical Evening

Listening to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra at the American Airlines Center, Dallas

People who know me wont believe when I say that I attended concerts/ musical programmes two days in a row. But believe me that is what I did yesterday and today.

Exterior view of the AAC - pic from AAC websiteBut today's concert exceeded my expectations in all counts. The venue, American Airlines Center , is a humongously large auditorium-cum-indoor stadium which can seat over 15,000 people. And we were in the uppermost row but still could get an eyeful and earful of the concert.

Designed by David M. Schwarz/Architectural Services, Inc. and HKS, Inc., the AAC doesn't appear so large from outside. But once inside I was surprised to see that vast corridors, shops, eateries and seating galleries. The acoustics and visual effects are also well planned and highly effective. The sweeping arches, high-tech gadgetry, superior seating comfort and other features make the AAC a premier sports and entertainment venue in US.

The performance of the Trans-Siberian Orchestra was one of the best I have ever attended. It was not a mere musical performance but a combined sound and light show featuring psychedelic lighting, laser beams floating all over the place, electric fireworks etc all gyrating in rhythm to the music which ranged from classical jazz to hard rock to metal to trance. Indeed the violin and guitar and the vocal were invigorating. I am glad I attended and every penny of the entry ticket (almost $40) was worth it.

1 comment:

alok said...

Hi Sashi,

Thanks for adding me. It’s really nice meeting enthusiastic people out here. I guess we share similar interests.

Thanks again for passing by my blog. And hey, you too have a very nice blog :)