Thursday, October 09, 2008

Shave your head and sell the space for advertising

325x425_baldcampaign

Ever heard of an advertising campaign with visuals on people's shaved heads? If you haven't, then here it is. Air New Zealand has conceptualized a unique advertising campaign in which potential models will be required to shave off their heads and become walking, talking billboards to promote the airline.

www.airnewzealand.com invites people with strong heads to become their cranial models. Casting call is scheduled at end of this month. 30 Adult, Guys and girls who are willing to shave their heads and use the back as 'cranial billboards' are needed. The chosen 30 will have their heads shaved and tattooed to serve as cranial billboards in the Los Angeles area. This advertising campaign is part of the airline’s official marketing campaign to promote "Life-changing journeys to New Zealand".

Potential Cranial Models must be 18 or older to compete for a chance to be a Cranial Billboard. But everyone's welcome to come down to watch all the action and enjoy the fun.

Several years ago while travelling in India I remember few devout individuals had shaved off their heads to promote a religious organisation. It was rather funny and its uniqueness has made it imprinted in my memory. I am pretty sure this campaign will be remembered for years to come.

In these days of recession, I am quite certain that there are lots of folks willing to shave off their heads and earn the $1,000 reward. In fact I think my head is a great fit for this kind of an advertising campaign. If I were living in Los Angeles area, I would have auditioned. My round head would serve as a perfect "Cranial Billboard" and my life's journeys are evidence for it's tagline "Life changing journeys". Be it the motorcycle tour across the Indian Sub continent or the bicycling tour to Ladakh or backpacking in the UAE, I have had life changing experiences meeting different people, understanding their customs and traditions. These journeys gave me a fresh outlook and enhanced my understanding of life.

Post?slot_id=

No comments: