Wednesday, March 11, 2009

How to create a Caller ID Spoof

Technology brings with it several advantages but sometimes the same advanced gadgetry can prove to be the bane of our lives. Take for example the telephone caller ID, it is such a useful feature, that enables you to know who is calling well before you pick up the receiver and say hello. But people have learnt how to use this feature to avoid certain callers, debtors, pesky sales people etc. Another big trouble with caller ID in my opinion is that I can't make an anonymous call to my wife and play a prank on her.

But now I found this wonderful website which offers Free Spoofing services. You can now call someone from your phone and not let the person on the other end know your number. This is possible in just three easy and simple steps. Right now this service is available only in the US but I am sure this will soon become global and people will start using this quite a bit. And once this becomes very common they will invent something that spoof the spoofer, but till then go ahead and enjoy the caller ID spoofer.

1 comment:

Bubba the Caller ID Spoofer said...

I use a caller id spoof calling card for the exact same reasons, to get rid of pests or shady callers. It works great but more importantly, it's a ton of fun.

I have to pay for mine but the quality of the recorded calls is outstanding so I don't have a problem with it.