Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Training... Training and more training

Now-a-days the primary pre-occupation of my mind is on the MS-150 bike ride, the date of which is fast approaching. Until recently I had been training off and on in the gym, on some trails and mostly using the mountain bike. But yesterday I decided to change my training regimen and increase the number of miles I ride. Hence I took down the Miyata racing cycle which I had bought recently at a garage sale. It was a pleasant difference to ride a low-slung racing bicycle after a long time. Initially it was a challenge to maintain balance and effectively manage gears.. but once I got a hang of it, riding this bike became a piece of cake. I am trying to clock at least 10 miles a day on the bicycle so on May 2 & 3 I will be well prepared to do the 80 miles required.

Meanwhile I found this video of another individual who is riding to raise funds for Multiple Sclerosis and felt it was an inspiring one. Do take a look and let me know what you think. And of course do take time to visit my participant page and donate for the cause.

No comments: