Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Frisco public library, etc...

I am an avid reader and love books. Visiting libraries to read is among my favorite hobbies. Libraries in the US are not merely places where one can read books and magazines, these are spaces for the community to get together, foster the love of reading among kids, talk about books, etc. Every library I have been to has a community room, study rooms and computer labs. The community/ meeting rooms are usually occupied with groups into various activities such as discussing books, reading, writing, etc.

Yesterday, I went to the Frisco Public Library, sited in the historic Downtown of Frisco. Thus far I can easily say this is the best library building I have ever seen in the US. I have not seen the grand libraries in Washington DC but within the DFW metro area I think Frisco Library wins hands down when it comes to the architecture. The fact that the library shares its space with the city hall is what makes it so unique. The city hall in every city is always a grand building and Frisco is no exception. The library housed in the same building makes it all the more important and of course grander.

Here are some images of the library, take a look and let me know what you think.

No comments: