Sunday, May 31, 2009

Poolside Barbeque Party

What do Texans do on weekends? Poolside Barbecue in summer and Estate sales and shopping in winter. That pretty much sums up the activities possible here. Dallas is a pretty boring place, flat as a chapathi and boring as a solid state physics class. People here have invented pastimes such as eating out (Dallas has the largest number of restaurants per capita in the world), shopping, estate sales and the most favorite Texas Barbeque.

Being vegetarians we don't fit into a Barbeque party where meat of every possible animal is smoked over coals and consumed. But our host invited us to have fun by the pool and have salad. Well we agreed and proceeded to Ben's home for an afternoon of fun by the pool. Ever played pool volleyball? Well it is lot of fun, string a net in the center of the pool and start hitting the ball across and that is it.

During a break from the game our host asked: "Are you vegetarian for religious reasons?". "Well!" I replied, "I am an animal lover, so I don't like them being killed to end up on my plate,". Ben laughed out loud and said: "I love animals too. Whenever I see a cow, I think of what a tasty steak she will make.". Very funny and totally different perspectives I thought.

Anyway after few more games and a dinner of salad and veggies we returned home tired and sleepy.

1 comment:

Sarah LeighAnn said...

Have you been to Six Flags yet, or any of our amusement parks? Those are pretty popular during the summer, too. Especially water parks. If you're creative enough, there's plenty to do! :-) (But the Fort Worth side of the Metroplex is far more interesting than Dallas, I'll give you that. Sundance Square is awesome.) Of course, my weekends are spent hanging out at the movies or at home with friends playing video games.
Nice post! :-)