Saturday, June 06, 2009

Sourcing Parts for my cars!

Since moving to US about 18 months ago I have been learning a lot of new stuff. I have learned that one has to do his own job here because labor is very expensive. Another important part of shopping for anything in the us is to look for the same product in multiple locations, to make sure you are not being ripped off.

One area where I was not doing this much is when buying auto parts. I would let the repair guys take care of it. But recently I got top-dollar repair estimate. I decided that I need to check out if the parts they are quoting for really cost so much. I just got online and searched.

I found a website known as GreatAutoParts.com where one could buy almost every part of the car and being an online entity the prices are great too. The exhaustive parts catalog is easy to use and it takes only a few minutes to find what you are looking for. Curiosity helped me find a wonderful new resource and saved me lots of $$$s. Unfortunately I didn't do this earlier, I wish I had. It would have saved me much more.

So if you are in the market for auto parts, don't let the dealer decide. Take matters in your own hand and visit Great Auto Parts website. You may be surprised by what you find.

No comments: