Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Branson, Missouri - The most exotic summer getaway

I have been in Dallas, Texas, US for nearly two years, during this time I have taken short and long trips mainly going west towards New Mexico, Arizona and California. I am yet to explore the attractions of other parts of this continent-sized nation. Most of my friends have told me about Branson, Missourie and its shows. Everyone is of the opinion that Summer is best enjoyed by visiting Branson and taking in the shows, culture, theatre, golf, and other attractions of the city.

One of the most important considerations while travelling is where to stay. So before I researched the attractions of Branson I searched for the hotels. I am quite finicky about the type of hotel I would like to stay and finally zeroed in on two hotels, Hilton Promenade at Branson Landing and the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel. I chose these two hotels for my accommodation because of several reasons. The first and most important being the location, all the major attractions are within easy reach from here. Then of course the second and equally important reason for staying at the Hilton would be its fantastic service, luxurious rooms, and great restaurants.

Hotel finalized I did my research about Branson and what it has to offer to me. Indeed Branson is one of the most happening places in the US and if one doesn't visit this place he/ she is missing out on some great fun activities. I am completely enamoured by several of the attractions of Branson and have made up my mind to get there as soon as possible. While at Branson I would take a day off to visit the Track Family Fun Parks and enjoy go-karting, bumper cars, arcades, mini golf, and several other offerings. Then I would probably take in the Branson Ball Knocker which offers a superb down hill ride while strapped in the inside chamber of the 12 ft ball. After these hectic activities I'd of course visit Dino's Karrot Cake Company & Cafe to enjoy a scrumptuous meal of cakes, pastries and rolls. Feeling heavy after the meal I'd head straight to Branson's IMAX entertainment complex to catch a movie.

A visit to Branson would come to naught if one didn't visit some of Branson's 49 live entertainment theaters and enjoy the shows. These theaters are all located within walking distance from the Hilton hotels so all the more better that I stay there. Then of course for other member of the family there is loads of shopping opportunity at the numerous antique shops, specialty boutiques and outlet malls close to the hotels.

Of course after a busy day of sight seeing, shopping, and activities one would love to grab a cocktail and relax to good music. This can be done at the Trofi Restaurant within the Hilton Branson Convention Center Hotel, so one wouldn't have to walk or drive after getting drunk.

My suggestion is just go ahead and take a trip to Branson, this summer or plan a trip for the next. It would prove to be a very memorable getaway with your loved ones or alone.

Post?slot_id=43042&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: