Monday, August 03, 2009

Discover Switzerland's Getaways

Whenever I think of a fantastic holiday destination only one place comes to my mind, Switzerland. With its lofty landscapes, rolling countrysides, majestic mountains, and wonderful scenery, this European nation has been one of favorite destinations of travelers. The country's culture has been heavily influenced by French, German and Italian traditions. The most awe inspiring feature of Switzerland in my opinion is its majestic castles and quaint villages.

I started planning for a Swiss holiday and started the process to Discover Swiss "Pearls" . The first thing that came to my mind of course is the rafting opportunity across the Rhone. The difference here is that one can explore the city of Geneva along with jumping over the rapids.

After a day on the river I'd love to spend a few hours or even a day in the dairy. Swiss cheese is my all time favorite and I'd love to see how it is made in its authentic settings. This will be an education for me in the art of cheese making.

Being a lover of snow and mountains, I'd take in the 4,000 m climb to the summit of the Allalinhorn. The three-four hour climb would give me a great mountaineering experience and also some of the best panoramic views of snow capped mountains and slopes.

Having climbed the mountain and attained a great height it is time to party. Why not learn how to brew beer and then party with self-made beverage. I'd love to visit Switzerland’s smallest brewery, the Hof Hopfentropfen and learn brewing at the seminar.

Last but not the least I'd like to get healthy and what would I do for that? You guessed it right, I will gather herbs at the flowering meadows above Champéry. This will give me an opportunity to learn about the wild herbs and how these can be used to create a fabulous meal. This would give me one chance to eat something good and which is not off the supermarket shelf.

You know as I write this blog post I am wondering why I haven't packed my bags yet. Well, my Swiss holiday is going to happen soon, probably during the next summer. When is yours going to happen?

Post?slot_id=42925&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: