Friday, October 07, 2011

Walking on Wilson Creek Trail

Yesterday I went for a walk along the 1.5 mile Wilson Creek Trail in the McKinney Town Lake Recreation area. It was a nice evening and the weather was just perfect to enjoy the great outdoors. As I approached the parking lot I was impressed by the number of cars and then I saw that the entire Wilson Creek playing fields was filled with children, youngsters, teenagers and older people. Most of them playing soccer, American football, lacrosse or some other similar highly involved team sport. This kind of infrastructure has been created by the government so that people can enjoy the outdoors and then of course the natural wooded areas around the Wilson Creek are preserved. That is achieving two goals with one task. Simply taking a walk along the trail besides the wooded area and looking at the creek meandering by is a big de-stressor for me. Nature so beautiful helps me forget my troubles and focus on my dreams, goals and ambitions.

Here are some pictures.

No comments: