Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Latest Project

1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo For Sale
1982 Yamaha Seca Turbo For Sale (Photo credit: Ryan Frost)
I used to be a biker when I was in India. Now after almost five years I have bought myself a motorcycle - a Yamaha Seca Turbo 650cc motorcycle. This was made in 1982-83 as the precursor of all the modern crotch rockets like the Yamaha R1, Honda CBR series, etc. It is shaft driven, so no question of chain adjustment for life time. Hopefully I will be able to get it running quickly and start enjoying it on the streets.

This is not a running bike, it is a project. My friend has been kind enough to agree to help me strip it apart, fix it and put it together again. We managed to get it started last week and now we still have some work pending. Here are some pictures of what the bikes looks like now. The picture on the side is what a complete bike looks like. That picture I found on the internet and is a bike that doesn't belong to me....

I




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: