Monday, January 21, 2008

My first and smallest byline in US

For a journalist/ photographer/ travel writer the greatest high is when you get to see your work in print with your byline. And when it is in a different country it is all the more greater. Whether you get paid or not doesn't matter, it is the high that one gets on seeing their name alongside the work is what matters. That is at least true for me. I work more for a byline than for money. I'd rather earn less and achieve fame as a person doing something useful, rather than be obscure and earn a lot of money.

Yesterday I was eagerly waiting for Dallas Morning News which was supposed to carry my picture (a picture shot by me) along with my byline... and where.. on the cover of the travel supplement. I got up early in the morning and went straight to get the paper and flipped over to the travel supplement and there it was. Though miniscule my name is there big and clear for all to see, right alongside the big 100 pt headline announcing the supplement. Here is a scanned copy of the paper for all of you to see. If you feel I have achieved something do leave a comment... I'd be happy to read it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Going.......! Congratulations!! Keep up the good work!

Den Andri said...

Heyya there,
Nice shot anyway. If you can entered one of the biggest journalist there, of course you did a gr8 work-that's your achievement.
I've visited your another blog, but it seems never being updated regularly. :)

Slogan Murugan said...

Lovely! :)
Congrats.

I think I will pay that place a visit. I have seen it from far but never stopped to click.