Saturday, January 19, 2008

Vistas of Downtown Dallas

Yesterday after visiting the Meyersons Center I walked around downtown area, even as the cold winds pierced through my skin threatening to break it. One feature of these down town concept strikes me. The downtown area of most big cities is full of tall buildings which rise up 80-90 storeys. Suns rays hardly penetrate to road levels being effectively shielded by buildings and reflected off by their glassy facades. But travel 1o km away and it is difficult to find a building rising above ground and first and maximum second floor. While tall buidings are built of concrete, the smaller buildings are essentially built of wood with a brick exterior. Including our apartment most buildings around are of wood. Sometime while walking I feel strange and wonder if I jump around our apartment whether the floor will give away and I will find myself in the living room of our downstairs neighbour.

Here are some pictures of downtown Dallas and of some houses in suburban Dallas... I mean the city of Carrollton.

Old cathedral in Dallas downtown High rises in downtown dallas
The revolving restaurant - looks more like a overhead water tank Former prison, now a museum
residence in Carrollton

2 comments:

Jagged Arrow Head said...

Good article, nice blog. Pretty interesting

Anonymous said...

Nice blog you have, here. You seem to be an intelligent person, well-travelled and very adventurous. I dropped by only to "meet" the guy who left a comment in my blog. Am glad i did as I found your posts very interesting.

As for your question, I don't visit a lot of blogs or websites but I leave comments in at least half of them.

Thanks for dropping by my site.