Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Remembering the Wild visit to San Franscisco

I visited San Franscisco during February 2008 and travelling alone by public transport, trains, buses, walking etc was an invigorating experience indeed. With $100 in my pocket and a full day to explore the vibrant, crowded city of San Franscisco, I set off by Caltrain towards my destination. I was deposited in the San Franscisco station in 45 minutes and now the adventure started.

This was my first visit to this city and I really didn't know anyone or anything. I had no idea about the various things to do in San Francisco. All I knew was about the Golden Gate bridge, the Alcatraz and of course I had heard about China Town. Armed with this limited knowledge I got out of the train and walked out of the railway station into the crowded city streets.

As I walked along the main thoroughfares not knowing where to go or what to do, I remembered my visit to Los Angeles. During that tour I had taken time to learn about things to do in Los Angeles and had a great time pubbing, clubbing and hiking. After some walking around in the back roads of San Franscisco, I found a bus which would take me to the Golden Gate bridge.

As I explored the Golden Gate area, I walked across the green acres, the old fort ruins through the under ground passages, the bastians and the walled city area I was thrilled to see the azure oceans and savoured the cool breeze. I wish the weather was warmer so I could have had a dip in the ocean's blue waters. I wanted to see but lack of proper information prevented me from exploring the city completely.

Going on sightseeing tours is something that I enjoy and I wonder if I should just opt for package tours, so I can sit back and enjoy rather than worry about making reservations, hotels, flights etc. I have recently come across this wonderful newsletter which will serve as a resource for my future travels. And the best thing about this newsletterBut I am glad I know of the newsletter now because signing up for it can help me win a $150 itunes gift card, so that next time I travel I will be entertained by the music.

One of the best ways to plan a sight seeing tour to a big city like New York is to first get to know about Things to do in New York City and then start compiling information and planning your tour accordingly.

No comments: