Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Waterfront Vistas in the US

Water: The elixir of life!!!

One of the most fascinating things to me is the ecosystem of large water bodies. The numerous life forms that are supported by lakes, rivers, dams, and of course the mighty oceans attract me like iron to a magnet. I could spend endless hours just looking at fish swimming around in a pond. Just looking at the vast azure expanses of water soothes my soul.
Of course I love to take a dip wherever possible... When I was in Bangalore, India weekends I'd head out to Manchinbelle dam, Kanva dam or YG Gudda dam and take a refreshing dip. Here in the US that is one thing which is possible only for the rich. All the dams and public water bodies are fenced up and the water front lands have been sold to private entrepreneurs who charge an arm and a leg to enter and access the water. The only ocean front I have visited is California where waters are so cold that it is impossible to get in without a wet suit. So here I content myself by taking pictures of lakes, rivers, dams etc... Here are some of my favorite water fronts in the US.

Lake Travis, Austin, Tx

Grapevine Reservoir, Texas

A large dam on the highway which links San Jose with Los Angeles

The Ocean at Santa Cruz

No comments: