Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Two More days for the big weekend!!!

The much-awaited Big Bike Weekend is just two days away. I have trained intermittently for this event, definitely not as much as I would have liked to have done. But more than the physical training part of the ride, I have been frustrated and saddened by the fact that only couple of my friends have actually agreed to donate to the cause and help me reach my modest fund-raising goal. Statistically the US is the largest giving country... almost $8 billion a year is given away to charity by people, corporations and foundations. But somehow I haven't been able to raise a mere $300, wonder why? Maybe my approach was not right, maybe I didn't talk to the right people, maybe I don't know the right people. Whatever the reason maybe... the bottom line is that I have failed in my goal to raise funds for a worthy cause.

I am pretty sure that Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and its ramifications upon patients is well known to most people. But still I wonder why 98% of the people I wrote to didn't consider donating towards research for finding a cure for MS. Maybe they have other pet charities to which they donate.

On the physical front also I haven't trained to the level I wanted to. For the past 5 days I haven't cycled even one mile. I could give a hundred reasons for not doing but the plain and simple truth is I haven't done it. Our moving homes did take a lot of my energy and time and also my approaching exams are taking me out of physical activity towards studies.

I just hope I would be able to ride the 160 miles smoothly... even if I am the last guy to cross the finish line it is fine. But my worst nightmare would be to collapse midway, unable to ride. I hope that wont happen...

And last but not the least, here is a last entreaty to all my blog readers to contribute to my cause, every $ counts. Do take time to visit my page and donate. All I am asking you all is to sponsor $0.10 for every mile I ride.. i.e. $16.00. That is not much is it?

Click here to contribute.

No comments: