Friday, May 01, 2009

Tomorrow is MS-150

I woke up this morning with a sense of anticipation and thrill. Today is the MS-150 expo at Frisco and tomorrow morning we are riding towards the Texas Motor Speedway. There has been a slight change of plans due to the Swine Flu scares and the second day's ride starts and ends at the Texas Motor Speedway. This ride will be a testing one for me because it has been 16 years since I did any serious bicycling. As part of my training the best time I could manage was 12.3 miles per hour and the longest distance I did in a day was about 50 miles. The first day's MS-150 ride is about 80 miles. I sure I don't collapse midway and cause a nuisance for the organizers. I am quite determined to complete the ride, but let us see what happens tomorrow.

For now take a look at the map of both days ride and you will get an idea of what I am up to.

No comments: